1. WHO MAY ENTER: Subject to the terms of these official rules ("Official Rules"), the Ovation Guitars Video Lesson Contest ("Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older, on or before July 1, 2010, and whose video has been approved and uploaded to the Contest web page at http://contest.ovationguitars.com ("Entrant"). Ovation Guitars Video Lesson contest. (Registration is free and is further described below). Employees of KMC Music, Inc., or its parent or affiliated companies or any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of this Contest, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or to vote on entries. The Contest is void in all U.S. Territories, overseas military installations and commonwealths (e.g., Guam and Puerto Rico) and where prohibited by law.
2. OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes an Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules and by Sponsor's decisions relating to the Contest. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters pertaining to this Contest are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Official Rules are subject to change. Entrants should review the Official Rules on a regular basis.
3. CONTEST DATES: The Contest begins on July 12, 2010 at approximately 12:00 a.m. EST and ends on October 12, 2010 at approximately 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period").
4. RULES OF ENTRY: Entry is free. To access the Contest, visit http://contest.ovationguitars.com. Starting at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on July 12, 2010, an Entrant may submit/upload an original video of the Entrant's interpretation of an acoustic guitar video lesson using an excerpt of a song of his or her own choosing. All videos must be registered and approved for upload to the Contest web page on or before 11:59 pm EST October 12, 2010. Any entry received after the Contest Period has expired will be deemed a defective entry and will not be entered into the Contest.
5. WEEKLY PRIZE WINNERS: Each week during the twelve-week Contest Period, a third party judge designated by Sponsor will select a video entry and award one Ovation Celebrity guitar model CC24. The judging criteria will be based on accuracy, video production quality and ease of use. Each weekly winner will be notified by either electronic mail or regular mail, subject to completion of an Affidavit of Eligibility and such other forms as Sponsor may reasonably require Weekly winners will not have a choice of guitars or options. Weekly winners will remain eligible for the Grand Prize.
6. VOTING FOR THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER: During the Contest Period, site visitors may vote once per day for the Grand Prize winner. The Entrant who accumulates the most votes during the Contest Period will be named the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Custom Adamas guitar made by Ovation (maximum total retail value of $5,000.00 USD). Custom options will be limited to availability. In the event that two (2) or more Entrants receive the same number of votes, the winner will be selected from among the finalists by random drawing. For avoidance of doubt, one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded for the Contest. The use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) for any reason associated with the Contest, i.e. entering or voting, is prohibited. Any attempt by any Entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that Entrant's entries, and render that Entrant ineligible to receive any of the Contest prizes. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on October 29, 2010, subject to completion of an Affidavit of Eligibility and such other forms as Sponsor may reasonably require.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each winner will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent within thirty (30) days following the end of the Contest Period. Each Entrant is responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information provided to Sponsor is up-to-date and accurate.
8. VERIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNERS:
8. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize if the prize becomes unavailable. Sponsor make no warranties and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Contest.
9. WINNER'S OBLIGATIONS:
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Although Sponsor will attempt to ensure the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of Entrants or other inviduals in connection with the Contest, including Entrants or other individuals who attempt circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to an Entrant's or to any other person's computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Contest.
11. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Contest or receiving a prize, an Entrant agrees to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, and each of its or their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any claim, actions, rights, liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any other person or entity, including without limitation, damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest (or related activities), the use of the video in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize). This release shall include, but shall not be limited to, actions arising out of any claim of copyright or trademark infringement made as a result of content in an entry. Entrant, by submitting a video for consideration in the contest, also asserts that Entrant has the authority to use the name, likeness, voice and opinions of any individual who participates in the video and grants to the Released Parties permission to upload the video onto the Contest web site and unlimited usage of the video for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties shall not be responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by an Entrant, a printing error or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Contest; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Contest; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant's participation in the Contest, and (7) any unauthorized access to, copying or downloading materials from any other website, or receipt or use of any prize. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OF PARTICIPATION IN, THE PRIZES AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST.
13. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Hartford, Connecticut without reference to its choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto, and each Entrant expressly waives any other forum that they may be entitled to in light of their current or future domiciles.
14. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of Contest winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope directed to "Ovation Guitars Video Lesson Contest" to the address set forth below.
15. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Ovation Guitars, a division of KMC Music, Inc., 55 Griffin Road South, Bloomfield, Connecticut 06002-9005.
16. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: The Contest and all accompanying materials are © KMC Music, Inc. All rights reserved.